Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there any way i can live in japan? 2008/7/20 16:07
I know the question may sound stupid or childish...
But i want to know if there is any way i can live in Japan for at least few years,i'm a last year middle school Russian girl,i was studying Japanese for few years and in a pretty good level of conversation,writing and reading(so the language is not that much of a problem...)
and know alot about Japanese culture and manners and in short alot about Japan.
My parents aren't really fans of Japan and think that my idea of living in Japan is ridiculous so theres no way i will be able to come to Japan with my parent's help...
Does anybody knows any possible way i can live in japan?like exchange programs (high schools)between Russia and Japan,something pretty impossible like some Japanese family who wants to adopt a Russian teen....(actually i'm serious about this though it sounds like i'm not...)or not adopt(it sounds kind of wrong...)more like a family(or one person)who can take me to live in japan for a while and i'll pay for it...
or any other possible way for me to be able to live in japan at least for a year...
I know it really sounds stupid but i just can't think of any way for me (a minor with no parent support on this...)to live in Japan.
Hope you won't treat it as a joke just because it sounds like one,because i'm really sirious.
any help will be appreciated!
Thank you for reading.
by light  

Nyet 2008/7/20 21:37
4 a middle school Russian student, ur English is pretty good. How about aiming for a career in Russia's foreign affairs dept. That would be more realistic.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

hey honey 2008/7/31 00:42
if you really need to go RIGHT NOW, do a high school exchange. if you can wait, get a degree and TESOL/TEFL certificate so you can teach english there. or you could try hostessing, but that work is a little seedier.

and google "high school exchange japan russia"

for when you're older: look into the working holiday visa on the japanese embassy site.

and even if you know what to expect by already being aware of cultural norms and language; living in a new country is stressful. go on a vacation there first.
by lumi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread