Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

job hunting help 2008/7/22 02:59
Hi, I have a question. I have been wanting to experience Japan for a long time and am trying to work there. I have applied at teaching schools for english, but that has not worked out too well for me yet. I do have a bachelor's degree, but not a TEFL. In any case, I was wandering if anyone could suggest some other possible job options they might have that I haven't thought of? most jobs I find are either teaching english, business tranlator (which I am nowhere that good as speaking japanese yet,) or some sort of technical job ( I am not tech savvy at all.) Is there anything I can make a living at there? At all? For just a year or two even? I mean, I think it'd be just as fun and twice as educational to work in a noodle shop or something.

Baiscally, is there any hope for me finding a job there outside of teaching English, translating, or being an engineer?
Thanks.
by Philip  

WHV? 2008/7/22 10:21
Where are you from, Philip? Are you eligible for a working holiday visa? If you are you may be able to get ski/ beach resort or bartending work.

If you aren't eligible for a working holiday visa (US citizens aren't, or anyone over 30), and have no specific skills in a field like IT/ finance, then English teaching is pretty much all there is. Have you looked at the English school called Gaba yet? They accept most people.

by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread