Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting Around Kyoto 2008/7/28 01:07
I'm planning a day trip to Kyoto from Osaka. I'll be visiting 3 places, starting with Kiyomizudera Temple, follow by Kinkakuji Temple & lastly Fushimi Inari Shrine. Q: How do i get to Kinkakuji Temple after Kiyomizudera? Or which route should i start & end with. Thanks :)
by coming2you  

your route 2008/7/28 12:23
is there any reason for you to take Kiyomizudera - Kinkakuji - Fushimi Inari route?

As you might understand by consulting a map, I advise Kinkakuji -Kiyomizudera - Fushimi Inari route or Fushimi Inari -Kiyomizudera - Kinkakuji route due to their locations.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Fushimi Inari shrine 2008/7/28 15:18
One quick way to go to the Fushimi-Inari shrine is the JR Nara line. It starts at the JR Kyoto main station. It takes between 2 and 4 hours to visit it,depending how far you go up the mountain trails under the torii.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

getting around kyoto 2008/7/29 01:26
Thanks TS & Auntie Bert, jus unclear which route i should start 1st, thanks for your advice. I'll take JR Nara Line which connect fr Osaka? (am i right?), starting with Inari Shrine (@ JR Inari Stn), then to Kyoto station, travel by bus to Kinkakuji, lastly, transfer bus to reach Kiyomizudera.
by coming2you rate this post as useful

around Kyoto 2008/7/29 02:29
No! taking the Osaka-Nara line from Osaka bring you to Nara then you have to take the Kyoto line,another line altogether, from Nara to Kyoto!. From Osaka you just take the JR Kyoto line at the JR Osaka-Umeda station. see the map at http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html
depending on where you stay in Osaka you may have to take the JR Loop line or the subway to JR Osaka. Once in Kyoto's JR main station look for the Nara line. It takes 10 minutes to go to the shrine. You arrive from Osaka on platforms 6 or 7. The Nara line is on platforms 8 or 9 or 10 depending on the day,time etc. you may have to go from platform 6/7 up to a concourse and walk a couple of metres then go down to platforms 8/9/10. There are signs in English..
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/29 22:31
coming2you,

I know anyone has their own preferrence on traveling and you might have a JR rail pass. So please read this just for a reference. I'd do like this..

-Osaka to Fushimi Inari
use Keihan Railway from Yodoyabashi or Kyobashi(on JR Osaka loop line) to Fushimi Inari station. You might catch faster trains such as K-Express or Express(with no surcharge) which dont stop at Fushimi Inari station, but in that case you can change to slower trains at Tambabashi station on the way. Both JR route and Keihan route take 40 mins from Osaka to Fushimi Inari.

-Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizu-dera
I'd choose direct Keihan service from Fushimi Inari station to Gojo station(3 or 5 stops, depends on the service), from there 1.5km walk takes you to the top of Kiyomizu-dera temple. Alternatively, you can catch a bus from Gojo to Gojozaka bus stop(500m, just 1 stop!)

-Kinkakuji to Osaka
Catch the bus No. 205 from Kinkakuji-michi bus stop to NishiOjiShijo bus stop(10 stops), from there use Hankyu Railway from Saiin station to Umeda station in Osaka. Alternatively, you can reach JR Kyoto station by the same bus and travel back to Osaka by JR.

Keihan in the pink line and Hankyu is the purple line on this map. Enjoy your travel!
http://www.surutto.com/conts/ticket/3dayeng/images/en_map200...

Travellin with Infant 2008/7/29 22:53
I will be travelling to day trip to Kyoto from Osaka too. Will be travelling with a 19mth infant. Issit going to be very difficult to move abt with baby?
by zenn rate this post as useful

absolutely no XD 2008/7/29 22:58
All you need to do is avoid the rush hour. Osaka/Kyoto is not as packed as Tokyo!

getting around kyoto 2008/8/2 17:36
Thanks so much to both Auntie Bert & TS. : )
by coming2you rate this post as useful

reply to this thread