Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teach english in Osaka or Kobe? 2008/7/30 03:28
I'm leaving in one month and moving to Osaka or Kobe to teach English. Which city would be your choice? What are some areas in either city to avoid moving to?

by John Grindrod  

Depends on your taste. 2008/7/30 13:11
I have lived in Kobe before, and while there I frequented Osaka for clubbing/ partying and shopping. Both have their advantages.

Kobe is a bit more quiet, and more rurally scenic. You still get a nice amount of people, and there's a lot to see, so if you prefer the more laid back scene, I'd go for Kobe. There's also a bar called 51 in Kobe run by a British dude. Pretty decent.

Osaka, in my opinion, is a mini-Tokyo. Lots of people, bright buildings and a very fun social scene, Osaka is where you want to be if you like the big city. There's also a lot of places to shop, such as Den-Den town, the electronics district of Osaka. Lots of different types of clubs and shops here.

As stated before, both are cool to me. Kobe and Osaka are only 30 minutes away by train, So you will not be confined by either decision you make.
by Will rate this post as useful

Commuting cities 2008/7/30 17:49
There are a lot of commuter cities between Kobe and Osaka if you prefer living "outside".
by Youi rate this post as useful

Kobe 2008/7/30 18:37
Gotta love Hyogo-Ken
by magpie1862 rate this post as useful

generally speaking, it's Kobe. 2008/7/30 19:30
We Osaka citizens prefer to speak in self-mockery.
We say it is the best to live in Kobe and work in Osaka and enjoy in Kyoto.
Probably it is true.

It takes only 20 or 30 minutes from Sannomiya (Kobe) to Osaka Umeda by JR or Hanshin (or Hankyu). Even if you will live in Kobe you could go to Osaka whenever you want. 
by Osaka-no-ko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread