Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Western woman having kids 2008/7/30 14:22
I have a question in regards to having children in Japan. My husband and I (he is japanese and i am canadian) have been married for 1.5 years and together for 2 (we fell desperately in love and married quickly!!).

Having only live in Japan for 2 years, my language skill is fairly low - i can communicate with friends etc. but when it comes to something as serious as having children, I am not confident with my Japanese language ability.

I was wondering if any other women or men have advice about doctor visits, relationship strains or any good tips as we are thinking about having kids in the next few years.

I actually had a miss- carriage in April and it was quite a scary experience for me to be in a hospital without being able to properly communicate!

Any comments are greatly appreciated!
THANKS!
by yo  

There should be 2008/7/30 16:14
Hi
There should be people able to assist you there with
English to Japanese and back again in medical matters.
I have a friend in Osaka who
is a translater volunteer who does this now.
Try your local city hall.
Where are you?, telling people may assist people to answer as well.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

join groups 2008/8/4 17:57
Yo, I don't know what part of Japan you live in, but most municipals have at least one or two groups for mix-married couples and families. Your local city hall or embassy is likely to have information. Meanwhile the following forum might help.
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/
by Uco rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/8/6 16:56
Thank you very much for your advice!
I live in Hokkaido and recently saw a doctor on a different matter - the doctor spoken english very well and made me feel quite at ease. If there are any other ladies in the Sapporo area needing a doctor, i suggest Hyashi Ladies Clinic (downtown).

Thanks again
by yo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread