Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wanting to visit Japan for a week 2008/8/4 11:20
Me and a very good friend of mine want to visit Japan BADLY! We live in the States (OHIO) and so far we added up some things that we are going to need to visit for a week (Traveling, Hotel, Food, Passports, Emergency Money) and it came up to a little over $4,000.

We don't really have a lot of money and we've never traveled before or anything like that. I would just like to know what we would have to do to prepare ourselves for this trip. Any type of guideline would be SO helpful.

Thanks in advanced.
by Justin  

1 week 2008/8/4 15:47
The first thing to do is to read the tabs at the top of this site: travel, living, A-Z. You will find lots and lots of info, including itineraries, prices, all about hotels, restaurants, trains etc. Not including the plane, you should budget $ 100-150 per day for hotel(budget business hotel) food, basic daily transportation. with one week you only have 2 choices: 1- Tokyo + Kamakura/ Yokohama and 2-The Kansai (Osaka, Kyoto,Nara, Kobe, Himeji--all these places are close to one another by frequent commuter trains). If you can find a ticket for a return flight USA-Osaka for the same price as one to Tokyo, go to the Kansai as you will get both the modern Japan and the truly historical Japan.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread