Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bicycle Parking 2008/8/6 02:18
Forgive me for this really naive question..but I just got a bike so i've never faced this before, and my kanji reading skills are very limited.

Basically i'm wondering how to tell if the bike parking at a parking garage is free, daily fee, or requires registration. I went there today and It gave a fee for scooters and motorcycles but I have no clue what it said for bicycles..any kanji I should look for on the sign to know? I don't want my brand new bike to be impounded in the first week...lol
by K  

no worries 2008/8/6 11:16
i really doubt that your bike would be impounded...more likely a notice would be stapled to it.

i can`t be positive about your parking garage, but most likely when you enter you push a button for bicycle & a card comes out of the machine. when you take your bike out, put the card back into a machine & your charge will show. should work just like a car parking garage.

look for buttons or markings that say 自転車 (jitensha) aka bicycle
by cyclist rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/8/6 11:30
thanks! I dont think there is any ticking vending machine there, so its either free or registration. I guess I'll just park there and see what happens...haha
by K rate this post as useful

reply to this thread