Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara to Mt. Fuji? 2008/8/9 01:39
Our itinerary begins and ends in Tokyo. Travelling back up from Nara we want to try and see Mt Fuji for a night before returning to Tokyo the following day. I have a few questions:

1. how long is the train ride from Nara to Mt. Fuji?
2. would it be advisable to get back to Tokyo and then go out again by bus to get to Mt Fuji?
3. Are there any places you would recommened visiting for a day between Nara and Mt fuji to break the journey up? (i.e. Nagoya)

Thanks for your help!
by mik  

. 2008/8/9 11:31
First take the Kintetsu limited express to Kyoto. It runs every 30 minutes, takes 35 minutes and costs 1,110 yen. The express train is also available, but in most cases a transfer is required en route. It's 610 yen and takes 50 minutes. There are 4 connections hourly.

From Kyoto to Kawaguchiko, refer to the link.
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/kawaguchiko-gotemba-...

Nagoya has little to see, I think. You might head to Mt Fuji directly unless you haven't seen Kyoto by the time.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Nagano? 2008/8/9 19:10
ok, yes Nagoya has little which interests me apart from maybe the robot museum!

I've been considering my other options in Central Honshu (we will have already covered Kyoto), and Nagoya looks like an interesting stop for a day, especially if we could see snow monkeys, what do you think?
by mik rate this post as useful

correction 2008/8/9 19:12
sorry I meant NAGANO looks interesting
by mik rate this post as useful

reply to this thread