Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haircut advice 2008/8/12 04:00
Hello, I have the same head shape and I want to get the same haircut as the guy in this picture.

http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/049.html

I was wondering if his haircolor is natural or did he dye it? If so, it looks like he dyed his eyebrows too...I have black hair, if I wanted to get that color hair, how much would it cost at a salon? Are eyebrows dyable?
by Jess  

coloured 2008/8/12 10:19
There is no way that is his real hair colour, and yes, eyebrows are also dyeable, but you need someone who is experienced to do it as obviously care is needed.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/12 10:20
Are you in Tokyo? There is a link to the hair salon on the same page - you can go and ask about it. It's in Aoyama.
The description to the left of the photo even gives (the salon's) hair dye color, so, yes, it is definitely dyed. I think they have brow dye as well. Hair coloring alone costs at least 5,000 yen or so I believe (in not-so-central Tokyo). Hair cut and shampoo come extra. If you ask specifically for the stylist on the webpage, it could cost a bit more too.
by ... rate this post as useful

Well.. 2008/8/12 20:41
Well.. I'm In the usa. Is it common for people to dye their eyebrows here? Are hairstylists trained to dye eyebrows?
by Jess rate this post as useful

Not normal 2008/8/12 21:15
While it may be acceptable in Japan, it is in no way normal for guys to color their eyebrows in the States.
by Gaijinjland rate this post as useful

different colours 2008/8/12 21:24
It's quite normal for people to have eyebrows that are darker than their hair anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have dark blonde hair (naturally), and my eyebrows are several shades darker, a light brown.

Plenty of people with brown hair have eyebrows that are close to black.

mirror mirror is my hair .. 2008/8/13 03:48
WARNING: NEVER USE HAIR DYE to colour eyebrows. It might cause blindness.
gaijinland: a lot of guys in the states colour their eyebrows! indeed many barbers/ hairdressers offer that service and all drugstores have hair colour kits for men (ever heard of "Grecian formula"?). These guys are usually wealthy older men (businessmen, politicians etc.)as not only a dye job is expensive but it must be done every few weeks. They pretty much all make the mistake of dying both their hair and eyebrows jet black,a dead giveaway. Even blue collar worker guys dye their hair! We had a couple of guys at work (married and 200% heterosexuals)who went from grey to black then grey then brown then..etc. all the while insisting it was their natural colour! Most men over 40 would love to get a dye job but can't justify the expense AND are afraid of being make fun off. Colour me one of them!
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Umm.. 2008/8/13 06:42
I can't really see how you can go blind other than being retarded and actually getting the dye in your eye. I would imagine that they would cover your eyes before they do it?
by Jess rate this post as useful

colour 2008/8/13 07:01
I haven't looked at a hair colouring kit for eons but they used to have a strong warning. It has to do with harsh chemicals going through the skin. It seems that the skin around the eyes is more delicate than in other parts of the body. A proper dye job start by bleaching the hair to remove the natural colour then applying more strong chemicals to colour it. We aren't talking about safe food colouring there!. This is why most hairdressing salons give off such a strong and repulsive chemical smell than one can smell it from the outside (mind you the mix of perfumes on the main floor of department stores make me nauseous too).
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

easy to spill 2008/8/13 07:31
You wouldn't have to be retarded to get dye in your eyes, it's liquid and therefore can easily spill or drip- have you never spilled anything in your life?

Also as above, dye is a very strong chemical and just the vapours that come off it can sting your eyes when it is in your hair, let alone an inch away from your eyes. Just those gases can be enough to cause damage.

reply to this thread