Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Model shops in Kyoto 2008/8/14 23:37
I will be visiting Kyoto in September and would like to find a model shop where I can purchase miniature figures. (similar to the sort of figures at Miniature Park in Tokyo
Thank you
by Tony Yeshin  

A few stores to check in Kyoto 2008/8/17 20:00
There is one store in Kyoto that has a good selection. It is on Teramachi dori, just north or Shijo dori, about 3 or 4 stores up, on the west(left) side of the covered shopping street. If my memory is still good, the name of that store is "Super Position". They also have 2 or 3 stores in Osaka's Den Den Town. Another store in Kyoto about 2 blocks up and still on Teramachi dori has a few items, sorry I don't remember the name. That store is smaller and the selection is not as good, but worth a look if you have time. A regular hobby store(Mr Hobby?) is on Shijo dori, the north side, just about halfway in between Teramachi dori and Daimaru dept. store. The hobby store is below a Dan book store. Look for the Tamiya logo. They have a good selection of model kits and supplies.
by HNL Hawaiian rate this post as useful

Mr. Hobby? 2008/9/2 10:54
Hey,

I can tell you that the store on Shijo (Mr. Hobby I think, too, near Daimaru with the Tamiya logo) is very good. They have a really wide selection of products. This store is downstairs. It is on the left hand side of the road (same as Daimaru) if you are facing the river.

Hope this helps.
by R. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread