Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Azabu Juban & Roppongi... Help! 2008/8/18 17:03
I've always wanted to travel to Japan. Having never been there before, I don't know too much yet, but in a few months my girlfriend will be going to Azabu for work, and she really wants me to join her for a while. That's great, right? Not exactly.

My older brother lives in Roppongi, and if I visit Tokyo, I *must* stay with him. ''Family first,'' he says. Unfortunately, he's so hard to get a hold of, and I miss him!

How am I supposed to choose?

My knowledge on Japan is not exactly great right now, but I hope this experience well teach me a lot. I love travelling, I love my girlfriend, I love my brother, but I'm just freaking out slightly, and I need some help. My apologies if these questions have already been asked; I have tried my best with the search function, but I can't seem to find what I really want, so...

1) What are the pros and cons of staying in Juban? In Roppongi?

2) How long would it take to travel between Azabu Juban and Roppongi (Roppongi Hills, what's the difference?)

a: on foot
b: by taxi
c: by public transportation (bus/train/underground)? Details please!

3)Is it possible to rent, preferably buy a penthouse or condo? If so, how much would it cost in Juban? In Roppongi (Hills)?

4) What are some popular supermarkets in these two areas? How about international supermarkets?

5)The best lingerie stores. I *need* to know.

6)The best fitness centres/gyms?

7)Best place to shop for trendiest clothes? (female, 170cm tall, 53kg fat) What size would I be?

8)Do people usually throw house parties in Japan?

9)The best place to get my hair done?

Of course, you don't have to answer every single question, but I would be forever grateful if you did. Feel free to tell me anything else about these two areas (or Tokyo, or Japan in general) that would be important.

Thanks in advance ^o^!
by TippyToes  

. 2008/8/18 19:28
2) How long would it take to travel between Azabu Juban and Roppongi (Roppongi Hills, what's the difference?)

Roppongi is a district and Roppongi Hills is a building.

a: on foot

About 15 to 20 minutes?

c: by public transportation (bus/train/underground)?

Just 2 minutes by Subway Oedo Line (E-22 Azabu-Juban stn to E-23 Roppongi stn).
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Buying? Very expensive 2008/8/18 22:46
You are seriously considering buying propertyin Tokyo? Roppongi and Azabu are two of the most expensive areas in Tokyo to rent or buy in. To buy a condo in either Roppongi or Azabu you would probably be looking at $500,000 to one million dollars US (depending on the size and in particular the age of the building). As for a penthouse apartment the sky would be the limit, and you would have to pay it all upfront as loans aren't usually given to foreigners unless they are permanent residents. If you can afford to do that you can probably afford to get someone to do the research for you instead of asking questions here!
by Sira rate this post as useful

Your family is wealthy, isnt it? 2008/8/18 22:48
1) What are the pros and cons of staying in Juban? In Roppongi?

It's the most internationalized area in Japan, and you will feel confortable as if you lived in somewhere in USA.

3)Is it possible to rent, preferably buy a penthouse or condo? If so, how much would it cost in Juban? In Roppongi (Hills)?

minimum 2000USD per month, Roppingi & Azabu is also the most expensive residencial area in Japan.

4) What are some popular supermarkets in these two areas? How about international supermarkets?

National Azabu is the No1 western style supermarket in Japan, whose main customers are ambassy officers from the world. It's very small as well as very expensive by Japanese standard, though.
http://www.national-azabu.com/e_storeguide.html?PHPSESSID=b6...

7)Best place to shop for trendiest clothes? (female, 170cm tall, 53kg fat) What size would I be?

neighboring Aoyama, Omotesando are Japan's most fashinable areas.
by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread