Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

most intensive japanese language course 2008/8/22 19:22
I'm looking for a super-intensive 3 week or month long intensive Japanese lang.course for a friend. They want something they can really learn from and if possible homestay or away from Tokyo.Anyone have any experience with this type of program?Thanks!
by kel  

I don't know the "most" but... 2008/8/23 17:06
I know of a few Japanese language schools in Tokyo that provide a month-long intensive courses - they go from 9 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon or so, I mean, just the classes. You have to have some time to "digest" all that information you get in classes later in the day, so as long as you don't try to seek out only English-speaking people after classes, that would be OK. My husband, who attended full-time Japanese language courses when he was far younger, says back from classes (this school he went to did not have any dorm or home stay program, so he just rented an apartment), he did a lot of reviewing (of his class materials) and also watched TV to pick up "live" language. And this was in Tokyo. So.... how much you really learn would depend on your efforts :)

I do not know this school personally, but this Yamasa (away from Tokyo) seems to get good student feedback:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+35130
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread