Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day Pass for Tokyo and Yokohama ? 2008/8/23 07:29
Is there such a Day Pass for travel in Tokyo and Yokohama. If there is, where do I get it and how much does it cost?
by SHNg  

... 2008/8/23 11:14
The "Yokohama Free Kippu" is a pass, which combines a round trip from Tokyo to Yokohama by JR with unlimited use of JR trains and a bus line in the Yokohama area, but the pass does not cover travel inside Tokyo (other than the round trip to Yokohama), and I think that the effort of getting the pass is bigger than the benefits provided. I would rather just use Suica/Pasmo prepaid cards or regular single tickets. The cost difference is likely to be very small.

In any case, here are more details about the Yokohama Free Kippu (in Japanese):
http://www.jreast.co.jp/tickets/info.aspx?GoodsCd=1002
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/23 15:12
One day unlimited travel ticket in Tokyo:
http://www.jnto.org.au/pdfs/USEFUL_TICKETS.pdf

Yokohama Municipal Subway one day ticket: 740 yen

However, you are unlikely to get your money's worth unless you travel on the public transport from day to night.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/23 19:27
My assessment of the Yokohama Free Kippu, I find it to be a very useful pass.

Most travelers to Yokohama don't get off at Yokohama Station, but rather transit through it to say Sakuragicho where you can walk to the landmark tower and that area, and Kannai Stations where you can walk to Chinatown.

Without going into doing crazy transfers, say Shinjuku as a typical tourist base, to Sakuragicho would be 540yen, walk from that area to say Yokohama Chinatown, back to Kannai Station up to back to Shinjuku is 620 yen, or even if you had energy to walk back to Sakuragicho it would be 540 comes out to 1080~1200 total roundtrip, with the pass fitting in the middle. They key is yes its possible to walk and save some money, but a lot easier to just hop on that Negishi line in Yokohama to travel around. From Shinagawa, the pass appears to payitself off or close enough where you would find it useful, again if you are using Sakuragicho and Kannai Stations instead of ''Yokohama'' Station for fare calculations.

Pass is easy to buy, just hit english on the jr machine, it appears under discount tickets.

As always review things based on your itinerary to see if it works for you or not.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread