Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where are good Vintage Clothes Shopping? 2008/8/24 16:24
Where are good Vintage Clothes Shopping in Tokyo? my sister (who is going with me to Tokyo in October) said that she read there are stores near the Tokyo University area, but she forgot the neighborhood. Does anyone know the neighborhood she is talking about near Tokyo University? And if not, are there any other neighborhoods where there are some great thrift store good buys for fashionable stuff (doesn't have to be new, just cool). Thank you so much for your help.
by Micha from Los Angeles  

vintage clothes in tokyo 2008/8/25 07:35
I have to let you know that vintage clothes in Tokyo are not cheap, it's not like going to a thrift store in the US or Europe.

While Harajuku has plenty, I would suggest going to Shimo Kitazawa. That area has many vintage clothing stores.

To get there, go to Shibuya Station. You will want the Keio Inokashira Line. From Shibuya, it is either 4 or 5 stops (short ride) to Shimo Kitazawa. There are MANY second hand stores in this area. Here's an article I found: http://tokyoalamode.com/index.php/living/article/shimokitaza...
by Kazuyuki78 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread