Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo Autumn Tour 2008/8/25 09:06
Hello,
I am wondering how to book tickets for the Sumo Autumn Tour, (http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/jungyo/schedule/index.html). Have tickets simply not become available yet or do I have to contact the Sumo Kyokai directly to book? If they are just not yet available, will I be able to book tickets at a Lawson's Loppi machine as usual once they do?

Thank you!
by sumofan  

sumo ticket 2008/8/27 13:43
Hi,seems that tickets are availabe now at ticket box office. I post sumokyokai info here: http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/ticket/tokyo.html

by bobo rate this post as useful

Thankyou but... 2008/8/27 15:11
I was hoping for information about the special Autumn Tour that is mentioned in the link I posted along with the original post. Unfortunetly, I can't make it to September's Grand Sumo. Any idea about tickets for the events happening in October?
by sumofan rate this post as useful

:( 2008/8/27 17:05
Aah I getit! Okies,but I can't find any infos other than your link site. So I guess you'll need to call sumo kiokai for more details.
by bobo rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/27 17:31
Thanks anyway bobo!

... 2008/8/27 17:49
I checked the Japanese site describing the Autum Tour in October - per venue (except for the first one), they list a phone number of the local host organization who sell the tickets. As those are venues all over Japan, I assume they would take be able to take calls only in Japanese language... they do have fax forms for booking online, but the whole thing is in Japanese.

If you have booked your hotels for your trip already (unless it's a no-frills business hotel), you could try asking the hotel to call and arrange on your behalf, maybe?
by AK rate this post as useful

.. 2008/8/28 14:34
Thanks AK!

Daily Length 2008/8/30 04:11
I was planning on buying tickets for September but have a limited amount of time in Tokyo...so I was wondering what a day of sumo consists of. How long is the tornament, and can you come and go at any time or must you stay all day long?

by Kelly rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/30 08:12
I was wondering what a day of sumo consists of. How long is the tornament, and can you come and go at any time or must you stay all day long?

The typical day starts in the morning with lower level wrestlers. Almost nobody goes to see the bouts at that time of the day. It isn't until 15:00 that the second highest division and until 16:00 that the highest division wrestlers start to wrestle. I recommend to go around 15:30 to see the ring entering ceremonies of the highest division.

The bouts of the highest division last from 16:00 to 18:00.

So, I recommend you to go from 15:30 to 18:00.

On the last day of the tournament, everything takes place about 30 minutes earlier plus the champion ceremonies from 17:30 to 18:00.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/12 13:50
AK, could you send me the link to that page that lists the Autumn Tour dates and info? I found it once, and now can't get back to it...
Thankyou!

... 2008/9/12 13:53
sumofan,

Here it is - it's in Japanese:
http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/chiho_jungyo/schedule.html#h20_3
by AK rate this post as useful

Wow 2008/9/12 13:59
that was so fast - thank you AK!!

reply to this thread