Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help translating English to Romanji? 2008/8/25 18:16
Please help me translate this to Romanji. I really need to make reservations in Japan soon, my trip is this end of September and so far, there's this huuuge communication barrier whenever I call up hotels / ryokans!

Translate please:
1.Sorry, I do not speak Japanese. Could you speak English please?

2. Do you have an email address that I could email details to?

3. We're doing an international TV programme on environmental friendliness.
by supermonkeybrain  

... 2008/8/26 18:47
supermonkey brain,

If you are trying to contact people as part of your work to do a TV program, I think it would be wise to hire someone Japanese on your end, an
interpreter or a coordinator, to help establish good contacts and good impressions - you might ask them to please speak English, or provide an
e-mail address, but they might not have those capabilities (which is not uncommon among traditional inns at all). Or maybe it will be easier if you find their fax numbers...

But if you must, for a start:

1. Moushiwake arimasen ga, Nihongo wa wakarimasen. Eigo de hanashite itadakemasu ka?
(Sorry, but I do not understandJapanese. Could you please speak English?)

2. Shousai wo ookurishitai node, meeru adoresu wa arimasuka? Attara oshiete kudasai. (I want to send you details, so, do you have an e-mail address? If yes, please give me the e-mail address.)

3. Watashitachi wa, kankyo taiou wo teema ni shita terebi bangumi wo seisaku shite imasu. (We are producing a TV program on the topic of environmental friendliness/activities.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread