Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What does the name Yukina mean? 2008/8/29 10:29
Hi there! I was wondering, do you know what the meaning of this Japanese name is?

I'm familiar with Yuki, Koyuki, and/or Yukiko having a snow meaning... but does Yukina, too, have that meaning or a similar one?

I got my Super Dollfies (BJD) in the mail, yesterday, and want to give the female the name Yukina, because I like it more than the other two/three... but only if it means something along the lines of snow.

Thank you!
by Kururu  

... 2008/8/29 11:30
The name Yukina can have many different meanings depending on the Kanji, and the meaning is up to what you choose. A number of them involve the Kanji for snow.

See the Japanese name translator of this page for more info:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1C
(type Yukina as the keyword and then choose the Japanese Names Dictionary to search in)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

The most obvious - 2008/8/30 11:20
Picture a mountain with snow one cool day. Doesn't it look like white hair. Long flowing white hair. I would think 'pure' or 'lovely' like a bride, one might choose as 'na' is used with adjectives.
by Rhubarb rate this post as useful

Also means .. 2008/8/30 11:24
a vegetable, used as a name for a super-hero. Thinking about the admiration for snow-covered mountains, one can see how this developed.
by Rhubarb rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/8/31 02:57
Thank you all so much!
by Kururu rate this post as useful

this Kanji means? 2008/8/31 03:05

What does the kanji in Yukina here stand for?

Thank you.
by Kururu rate this post as useful

kanji 2008/8/31 08:30
these two kanji mean "snow vegetable"
by koala2 rate this post as useful

guesses 2008/8/31 15:26
is just a typical kanji a parent would put on a girl's name. Usually it doesn't mean much, but I suppose one would enjoy looking at it imaging the fresh greenness of a vegetable leaf. From the name most locals would probably assume that she was born in winter, maybe when it was snowing. Maybe the parents thought that the snow falling looked like elegant leaves, or maybe they found a green leaf growing on the ground even in the harsh snow. You never know the real meaning unless you ask the person who named her.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread