Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

question about buying raw land 2008/8/31 10:20
Can some body tell me what are the best places for buying large amounts of undeveloped land in Japan ?
by Robert  

To do what? 2008/9/1 00:46
What do you want to do with it?
by ... rate this post as useful

re 2008/9/1 04:30
Create a private community
by Robert rate this post as useful

land 2008/9/1 22:19
Are there large amounts of undeveloped land in left in Japan, where it is actually possible to build? I wouldn't have thought so. This is a very densely populated country.
by Sira rate this post as useful

sira... 2008/9/1 23:07
Seems you think japan is only large cities? It is not! There is land and nature in japan also. Just leave the big city and look around.Japan may be smaller than many western countries but it is NOT just one big city!
by Umi rate this post as useful

re 2008/9/2 01:03
Think of it as starting my own small little town that would probably be th3e best way to look at it.

Yes Umi, not only cities 2008/9/2 06:16
Umi, I've lived in Japan for 10 years, I know that Japan is not only big cities. Compared to some countries though, Japan's population is quite dense, and I was wondering if there actually were large amounts of land for sale anywhere- enough to build a community.

Seems like most leftover land here would be either a national or regional park, cultivated, or too mountainous for construction. Perhaps somewhere in Shikoku or Hokkaido.

... 2008/9/3 14:40
''best places'' is rather subjective.
What is your definition of ''best'' here?
Cheapest? Most beautiful? Most remote? Most convenient?

Or do you mean best real estate agents?

How big do you need?

Best places 2008/9/3 23:53
Well A combanation of all would be nice mainly i like some thing in mountain area

with the option to buy several thousand of acres and most important no restrictions on what I can and can build and place that tell me I cannot build what I want to build in the matter I wat to build it would be totaly useless to me
for example If iwanted to build a full size castle then I could do so.

Best places correction 2008/9/3 23:55
I mean what I can and cannot build ( half a sleep)

Best Places Corrections 2 ( Sorry) 2008/9/4 00:00
Iam sorry this will be the last correction (Sigh)

Well a combination of all would be nice mainly I like some thing in mountain area
with the option to buy several thousand of acres and most important no restrictions on what I can and cannot build any place that tell me that I cannot build what I want to build in the matter I what to build it would be totally useless to me even if the land was given to totaly free
for example If wanted to build a full size castle then I could do so.

Hmm... 2008/9/4 01:44
Is your desire rooted in reality? I would think that anyone who has the wherewithal to buy several thousands acres of real estate in Japan could somehow find more trustworthy advice than from some people on an internet forum.
by Randy rate this post as useful

building 2008/9/4 05:53
Do you have a visa allowing you to live in Japan by the way? buying a piece of land doesn't give you the right to become a permanent resident. Japan, like all 1st world countries, has building codes that don't allow anyone to built anything without any restrictions whatsoever. You will need permits to build an access road or trail,or just repair an existing one, as at the start of that road/trail you will need access from a public road.Then you will need to hook up to all the utilities and be asked questions. Or you will need permits to dig a well, install a wind mill or watermill, sewers or a septic tank etc. Buildings, even small ones like a garage or shed, must be checked and approved by the local building department for safety and all sorts of things, more so a home of any size. As in other countries, any foreigner who would start building something without asking permission or just squat illegally in a remote place would be found out quickly and would have the authorities on his back in a flash. I haven't lived in the woods of Japan but considering that even in the remotest areas of Germany, France it is hard to be in the woods far away from a village without running in a local who is hunting, fishing, picking up mushrooms etc. know right away that you aren't a local and will tell the local barkeeper and/ or the cops, it will be even more so in Japan. Quite frankly your idea is both unrealistic and suspicious. You better investigate a place in your own country first.At least there you will blend in.
by sensei 2 rate this post as useful

re 2008/9/4 07:21
Iam sorry but we seen to gotten side tract a little bit so re ask the oringal question

Where in Japan is good places to buy raw land?
Iin short I am simply looking for the name of some places

Preferbly in the mountain the mountain areas.
Thank you

I doubt anyone here knows 2008/9/4 07:53
I think that kind of thing is a bit beyond the scope of this forum.

I agree with the above- if you are in a position to be able to buy a large amount of land in this land-poor country, you should do some proper research rather than hoping for random answers from an anonymous forum.

The Japanese Embassy in your country seems like a good start for reliable information.

Kyushu 2008/9/4 11:57
Kyushu is your best bet. But with that amount of land you would most likely need some Japanese to be the primary title holders on the land. As far as your own private community consisting of 1000fs or even 100fs of acres I doubt the government would allow.
by Chuck rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/4 17:52
Nagano, Yamanashi, Niigata, Gifu, Hokkaido

There are mountains here.

Price and reality don't seem to need to enter the equation.

But it would not be nearly as expensive as some might believe for backwater, undeveloped land. Picking up 1000s of acres in one chunk would be a problem. As would visa and possibly creating a community.

re 2008/9/5 22:14
I was useing a small town as a example, I would never want to have to manage 1000s of people more along the line
of a very Small Community
of people who are compatable with me, in the majority of my beliefs in order to forum a more solid foundation and family But one with a lot of land :)

this site is good 2008/9/6 09:27
http://www.foreclosedjapan.com/

I always keep my eye on this site. They sell at lot of land and some in remote places and some in rather large chunks.

The visa thing wont be an issue, an idea would be to claim to be some kind of time travler and create a website with your intentions to form this cult in Japan. You'll get a "like minded " Jaoanese wife in no time.
by interested rate this post as useful

re 2008/9/13 10:58
Thank you Ill keep a eye on it!

reply to this thread