Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a gift for my wife 2008/8/31 12:06
Hi, I am going to Japan and wanted to know weather it was approprate for a man to buy lingerie from stores?
Thanks
by jasonc  

In Japan 2008/8/31 22:30
You have every right to do so, you will most likely be treated fairly, it is not common, and I'm not sure what one would call "appropriate".
by Uco rate this post as useful

Size 2008/9/1 00:31
Be sure that you have the proper size as I believe that Japanese sizes differ from "western ones". Have you considered pearls? also as a side you may wish to consider customs fees for import or export, can't help you there. Also Hi Uco, hows everything in yokohama? Still have that plastic flower ?
by peter rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/1 11:16
(I think) a man buying a lady's underwears for gift is not usual. It'll be OK if you'd act a gentleman. You're not Japanese so they perhaps think it's a difference of gift-culture.
BTW you're not buying a Brassiere, are you? Buying it without trying is inconvenient.
by M rate this post as useful

OT 2008/9/1 18:01
Hi Peter. Yokohama is having sunny days and flooding nights. Actually, I may have lost my flower if you're talking about the one from Honmoku, but it's always in my heart.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Uco 2008/9/2 00:57
New Hampshire was rainy all summer but now is bright and clear. The trees are starting to change and it will be a wonderful fall. Yes, I was refering to the plastic flower that you picked up out side of the old Seaside club in Honmoku.
Today I am remember going to the Nogiama Zoo, there was a stone bench and there was a small bronze statue of a little dead bird. Many people had touched the statue and it was shiny in places. I was so taken by this that it was a sad moment for me that I never forgot. It had to do with the delacicy of life. Anyway, I have always wondered if there was a story behind this statue, If you happen to know, I would like to find out. Following your posts, your advice id flawless [ joke is on me ]
yours:
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread