Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weather 2008/9/3 01:48
Hi! I will be visiting Tokyo next week and was just reviewing the forecast for the upcoming weeks. Looks like a 60% chance of rain each day... is this normal for this time of year? How should I prepare when going out for the day? Do you typically experience long, heavy rains during this time of year or are they short passing storms?

Please advise! Thanks!
by Sam  

Carry a Umbrella 2008/9/4 19:44
This time of the year rain everyday is normal. Most days the rain should be on the lighter side and rain for most of the day, unless there is a storm, then it will be heavy. Many people will buy a umbrella at a convenience store when it starts to rain. A cheap umbrella will cost somewhere in the 500 yen range, a better one for around 900-1000 yen range. If you don't mind carrying it around, buy a better one. Check at your hotel front desk, sometimes they will sell a better umbrella at a very good price, or even better, they may have one you could use for the day. Just to be safe put valuable items in plastic bags.
by HNL Hawaiian rate this post as useful

It seems 2008/9/4 20:28
It seems like it's been raining nonstop for the last couple weeks! Of course, that would be an exaggeration but I think there's no question that it's rained at least half the week. Just be sure to keep a nice foldable umbrella with you and you'll have nothing to worry about.
by Trenton rate this post as useful

rain 2008/9/5 06:47
It has rained a lot more than normal for this time of the year recently, in record breaking amounts in some areas apparently, but it looks like we are going to have a wet late summer/ early autumn this year.

If the rain follows the same pattern as the last couple of weeks then there may be days where it rains non-stop for several hours.
by Sira rate this post as useful

oh well... 2008/9/5 06:53
Thanks so much for all your comments.... that is definitely very sad to hear though....I was hoping for some nicer weather.
I will keep my fingers crossed!
by Sam rate this post as useful

reply to this thread