Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takkyubin/Shipping - delayed shipping? 2008/9/3 17:28
I am travelling to Bangkok and I will have a long-stopover in Tokyo on my way home.

I plan to buy lots of things in Tokyo, so I will bring an empty suitcase, but I don't want to bring this suitcase with me to Bangkok.

I will have a layover in Tokyo when I first go to Bangkok. I know Narita has baggage storage, but I will be gone for about 2 weeks so the cost might be worth more than the suitcase.

Is it possible to select a delivery date of two weeks in advanced if I use shipping companies? For example, mailed on 11/15 for arrival at my hotel on 11/28?

Kind of a weird question because most people want their bags sooner, and I want mine way, way later.

Thank you!
by jojokun  

. 2008/9/3 18:23
If I understand you correctly, you want to ship an empty suitcase to your hotel where you will be staying in Tokyo two weeks later?

I would suggest getting a strong cardboard box when you get to Tokyo and pack your purchases in it. You can usually find large, heavy duty cardboard boxes thrown out on the street at night or ask at the service bays at the back of department stores. I usually ship 3-4 large boxes from Tokyo each trip and have always found boxes, I've never needed to buy them.

Just pick up some packing tape and string from a 100 Yen or stationary store when you are there.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/3 19:32
For example, mailed on 11/15 for arrival at my hotel on 11/28?
I am not sure if is is possible but is there any problem if your things arrive at your hotel before 11/28? As long as you have a reservation and let the hotel know about the delivery, I think your hotel will keep your things until you come back.
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/3 21:54
I've also notice one problem with your original plan, if you are just transfering at Tokyo on your way to Bangkok, your check-in baggage will be processed directly to your final destination, you will not physically be able to recover it at Narita.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

boxes available at hotels 2008/9/6 04:32
The concierge at our Tokyo hotels provided sturdy carton boxes in upto 3 different sizes for us with the largest one (a good size) costing 500 yen and they will make up the box for you. For clothes and stuff of no value we could pack a lot into a box as it is rectangular and the more fragile items we would put into our suitcases. Always worked fine for us.
by CB rate this post as useful

reply to this thread