Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climbing Mt Fuji start of Sept 2008/9/5 18:14
We are hoping to climb Mt Fuji tomororrow (Sat 6th Sept), stay overnight at 8th station and watch sunrise on Sunday morning. We know it is just outside official climbing season - still ok to do, weather permitting?? Any advice appreciated
by Sean and kathryn  

... 2008/9/6 19:47
I actually just got back yesterday. It's windy up there and cold. Make sure to take a lot water and some food. If you're not used to rapid altitude changes, I also recommend purchasing a can or two of those bottled oxygen you can get at 7/11s. Altitude sickness can hit out of no where and can be quite crippling. Drinking a lot of water will help.

Remember that there aren't many people up there now. I past maybe a handful the entire time. If you fall and hurt yourself, it can be hard to get help.

Take a whistle to blow to draw attention in case you get hurt. I took a 2 liter hydration pack, but could have used a couple bottles also. Take gloves and extra batteries for the flash lights and a basic first aid kit. Sturdy shoes and a poncho, compass and map.

Just be careful. If it looks like bad weather, don't go, the winds can get bad. Prepare for cold at the top.

Don't forget the camera, you'll want pictures ;)
by ... rate this post as useful

reply to this thread