Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

booking a train reservation from the USA 2008/9/6 17:35
I need a website to book Ltd exp hida train from Nagoya station to Takayama.This is during the takayama festival week and train will be very full.I also need to book ltd exp hakutaka via echigoyuzawa to shinkansen toki to tokyo..My departing from nagoya starts Oct.9.Thank you all for your help.
by curious  

... 2008/9/7 11:00
There is no English website which allows you to make these reservations. Unless you have a person in Japan, who can make the reservations for you, it will be close to impossible to make reservations before entering Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Takayama 2008/9/7 12:53
Hi, it's been a week since last heard from you. You must be busy planning your itinerary.

I can see you're concern about your train travel. If it's of any reassurance, we were in Takayama last Oct. for the autumn festival and we didn't have any problem reserving seats for trains. We're able to make same-day reservation for JR from Fukui to Takayama and from Takayama to Gifu.

On the other hand, I hope you've made your hotel reservation. If not I think you can forget about staying overnight in Takayama on either Oct 9 or 10. We booked our hotel 2 months ahead and yet my wife and I could only get 2 separate single rooms.

Good Luck
by William rate this post as useful

booking a train reservation from the USA 2008/9/7 13:12
thank you uji and william..I do have a nephew who is going to Japan on the 15th of sept..I will ask for his help in booking the train..will he need to prepay the train ticket for me? Also I did make reservations to stay in takayama nite of Oct 9-12 a few months ago..We are two ladies traveling alone and I want to make sure all our ground arrangements are confirmed before we departure..Thanks again for all your expertise.
by curious rate this post as useful

reservation 2008/9/7 21:47
Having others book your train beforehand means buying advanced ticket, he has to pay first.

Are you sure you want all your train journeys fixed before you arrive in Japan !?
Quite often you may need to make on-the-spot adjustment with your itinerary. The last thing you want is to rush ahead to catch a train simply because you have already bought the ticket.
by William rate this post as useful

reply to this thread