Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a sim card for 16 days? 2008/9/6 18:00
We arrive on 15 September and thought we'd get a sim card for use in Japan. Are they easy to get? How expensive are they? Any relevant advice? Thank you!
by Rarisang  

sim card 2008/9/7 19:14
Buying will be difficult if you are visitor. See http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223.html. I always rent a Japanese phone to use with my European sim card.
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/7 21:15
You must be a Japanese resident to buy a prepaid SIM (or phone), at least by regulation.

Some people says they could buy a prepaid phone only with their foreign passport.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

.. 2008/9/7 22:30
Thank you for the weblink and the advice. Renting a phone will be expensive, so i hope we can find easy to use public phones at railway stations..
by Rarisang rate this post as useful

why not rent ? 2008/9/8 02:56
We always rent a sim card at the airport. The card works on most 3G phones and they'll test to make sure it works 1st before they'll rent it for you. 107 yen per day + 107 yen per min outgoing calls. All incoming calls are free, incl international calls.
by CB rate this post as useful

reply to this thread