Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asaichi 2008/9/6 20:06
Hi everyone.

I'm in Japan for the next 8 weeks or so. I'm in Niiza, Saitama.

Can someone please point me in the direction of some food markets that may be nearby, or within an hours distance?

I'm a little overwhelmed. I've been living off 7/11 food and noodle cups and vending machine foods for the last 10 days, and I'm starting to feel run down.

Now that I have moved into my little apartment, I have a refrigerator and pantry. I went to the local Olympic store, but meat is so expensive, as are most vegetables.

I imagine with all the farmers and fishermen, there must be markets or stands where they sell cheaper produce, fish, and eggs?

I heard that Tsukiji sells more than just fish, but are the prices higher than suburb markets because of more tourists?

I walked around this neighborhood early morning, and I only found one stand, but they mostly only had cabbage and carrots.

I'm looking for fruit, vegetables, eggs, and fish.

Thank you so much for any help.

Bureiru
by Bureiru  

. 2008/9/7 11:10
I'm sure there are plenty near you! Can you ask your landlord?

Do you live near Shiki Sation? There is a large Saty store there, which is one of many Japanese chains
by Kazuyuki78 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread