Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo-eki Minami-guchi or Kita-guchi. 2008/9/7 01:24
Hi,
I cannot make up my mind on which to book - Minami-Guchi or Kita-guchi. Kita-guchi are nearer to JR but it is at the north which are not very near to any department stores. Minami-guchi looks nearer to shopping but looks pretty far from JR. Will be travelling in winter with big luggages and kids. Could someone please advise whether it is possible to walk to Minami-guchi via underground all the way from JR Sapporo or will have to walk above ground. And will there many up and down staircase along the way? Thanks.
by alvin  

... 2008/9/7 11:43
Minami-guchi means "South Entrance" while Kita-guchi means "North Entrance". They refer to JR Sapporo Station. Neither is closer or farther from the JR station. Rather, they are part of the JR station. So, unless you mention specific hotel names, it is impossible to give specific hotel recommendations.

Generally speaking, however, the south side of Sapporo Station is much more pleasant, convenient and expensive than the north side.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kita-guchi is closer to the station 2008/9/7 13:48
The only other thing that has both "Kitaguchi" and "Minamiguchi" are the Toyoko Inn hotels. The kita is closer to the station than the minami. It isn't all that far to the department stores and you can start looking at stores by cruising around Sapporo Station.

If you want to save a few yen, the TI Hokudai mae is a little cheaper, but is about 4 blocks north of the station. Once you drop your luggage, they are all in easy walking distance to shops.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

.. 2008/9/7 23:39
Sorry, I miss out the hotel name. I was referring to Toyoko Inn Minami-guchi and Toyoko Inn Kita-guchi. I wish to know whether Toyoko Inn Minami-guchi has underground access to JR Sapporo station so that we do not have to brave the snow/wind with children. From he website, it is near to shopping but is 5 min walk from JR station. Also we are worried to go up and down staircase with station to get to the hotel. Thank you.
by alvin rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/8 02:32
There are subway exits close to both of these hotels Exit 16 is across the street from Kita-guchi and exit 21 is around the corner from Minami-guchi. The walking distance from each exit to their respective hotel is about the same. There are escalators down from ground level to the subway level. There may be an elevator at exit 16, I can't remember 100%, but to access exit 16 requires walking underground south from JR station and back north. Not sure about exit 21. I always stay at Kita-guchi as it is nearer the station.

Here is a link to a better map showing all exits; Minami-guchi is the small hotel (H) to the bottom right, Kita-guchi is top right:

http://tinyurl.com/64am6h

by RobBeer rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/8 23:31
Thank you.
by Alvin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread