Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Softbank texting to states 2008/9/7 15:17
I got a 822P model softbank phone, and its a prepaid. i have the unlimited texting plan and buy min when need, but everytime i try to text to the states they never get it, but i receive theirs just fine. and i get a message that i cannot read when i try to use the email one and they still dont get it. does anyone know how to send a text to the states successfully?
by KP  

Softbank 2008/9/8 15:26
When you say, unlimited text, are you referring to unlimited SMS and email to ONLY fellow Softbank users? Receiving mail/SMS from anybody on your phone is free but not to send...
by Trenton rate this post as useful

another question 2008/9/8 16:21
well, is there an option that i am able to send those messages back to the states? if so would i be able to put that on my plan for a reasonable amount?
by KP rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/8 18:03
http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/global_service/international/mes...
International Messaging Service is not available for Prepaid Handsets.

by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Don't know... 2008/9/8 18:30
Don't know if this fits in at all with your situation, but 2 years ago I had AU. To send text to eachother you had some address you had to set up like: example@ezweb.ne.jp
then I found out my boyfriends server back home. He had cingular, so by checking their website, I realized I could send him text in a similar fashion. for example his was ##########@cingularme.com
through this, I sent him text messages all the time for free. I don't know about softbank, but I am going to sign up with them in about 2 weeks or so...so it would be nice to know. If you set up an e-mail with softbank, like I did with AU to text message friends, then you can text any one back home. All you have to do is find out their address as well. Good Luck!
by Veronica rate this post as useful

it works! 2008/12/22 19:45
I have the same phone and plan and I can text my family back home. They have verizon so i just send it to their phone number @vtext.com. You should have an 'email' like address to, it should be something @ softbank.ne.jp.
Hope it works for you! :)
by erin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread