Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji Hakone Gotemba 2008/9/7 22:34
Should I go Shinjusku to Mt Fuji to Hakone (stay One Nite) to Gotemba Factory Outlet to Shinjusku? or Hakone to Mt Fuji (stay One Nite) to Gotemba Factor Outet to Shinjusku. Which one is easier for me to travel, I will be buying the Fuji-Hakone 3days pass. Do I have enough time? Or do i need 2 nights?
And for Shinjuku station locker, can i put in my luggage for 2 days or 3days ? Thank In Advance.
by GinLeTz  

... 2008/9/9 08:49
The Fuji/Hakone Pass requires you to take Fujikyu Buses and Odakyu trains for your travels between Tokyo and the Mount Fuji region. Therefore, I recommend to visit the outlet between visiting Fuji Five Lakes and Hakone, because the Fujikyu buses arrive in Kawaguchiko and the Odakyu trains depart from Hakone.

Doing it in two days is possible, but will result in a rather packed program. Two nights would be more enjoyable, I think, especially if you like a slower travel pace.

Therefore, I would recommend:
Shinjuku - Kawaguchiko (overnight) - Gotemba Outlet - Hakone (overnight) - Shinjuku

Or the other way around.

If you spend only one night, I recommend:
Shinjuku - Kawaguchiko - Gotemba Outlet - Hakone (overnight) - Shinjuku

And for Shinjuku station locker, can i put in my luggage for 2 days or 3days ?

Most lockers can be used for three calendar days.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/9/9 23:41
Thank you Uji-san
If you spend only one night, I recommend:
Shinjuku - Kawaguchiko - Gotemba Outlet - Hakone (overnight) - Shinjuku

Issit possible Shinjuku - Kawaguchiko - Gotemba Outlet - Kawaguchiko (overnight) - Hakone - Shinjuku.

by GinLetz rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/10 08:42
It is possible, but a big waste of time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

not possible 2008/9/11 16:24
erm...I think it's not possible. For the Fuji/Hakone pass, you must take the bus between Kawaguchiko and Shinjuku on one trip and the Odakyu train on the other trip.
by bluepanda rate this post as useful

sorry, my mistake 2008/9/11 16:41
I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I have misread GinLetz's post. Pls ignore my previous post. Uji is right - it is possible, but big waste of time.
by bluepanda rate this post as useful

reply to this thread