Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Shiodome 2008/9/8 05:55
I am planning to go to the Shiodome area next week, to have a look at the architecture, shops and what else it has to offer.
My question is: Is half a day enough, or is it worth spending a whole day in that area?
(any points of interest would be appreciated)
Thank you very much.
by Th0mas24  

... 2008/9/8 19:16
Please, does somebody know the answer to this?
(i am leaving in 36 hours, so i am a bit desperate:-)
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/8 19:43
I think an afternoon should do - though we (living in Tokyo) just recently went there and spent a couple of hours just visiting the train history photo exhibition... :) since it's centrally located, if you feel you spent enough time, you can proceed to other attractions nearby such as Hama Rikyu garden or even to Ginza. I don't think you have to plan to the hour... Enjoy your trip!
by AK rate this post as useful

While you're in the neighborhood... 2008/9/8 20:36
One suggestion that I could make is to be there a couple of hours then head for lunch at the Tsujiki fish market (about a 10 minute walk from the Royal Park hotel)...
by Steve Lozowski rate this post as useful

AK & Steve 2008/9/9 01:37
Thank you very much to both of you for your replies.

AK: In fact i already made Hama Rikyu a part of my plan that day. ;-)

Steve: I will take your advice and go to Tsujiki. I havent been there yet, though this is my 3rd trip to Tokyo.

Again, thank you.
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/9 08:00
Half a day is enough. But I recommend to include a dinner at one of the skyscrapers' top floor restaurants. They have great atmosphere and good food.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread