Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa Extension 2008/9/8 14:43
My visa expires in Jan-2009 and I'm planning to travel to a foreign country for a couple months in Dec. So I will have to extend my visa before I leave Japan. Can someone let me know how many days in advance before the visa end date, I can apply for the extension?
by Gaikokujin1976  

... 2008/9/8 18:30
I don't know which visa type/status you have, but normally for visas that are somewhat long-term - meaning those valid for six months or longer - they start accepting applications (for renewal) two months before expiry, until the day before it expires.

If you are going to be away for as long as two months soon before the expiry date, or if you are not going to be back in Japan before the visa expires (never let this happen!), you should talk to the nearest Immigration office for suggestions on what to do. You might need to adjust your travel dates, so please consult Immigration early for better planning! :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread