Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Osaka to Den Den Town? 2008/9/9 07:02
I will be staying at a Toyoko Inn near Shin-Osaka station and would like to know, what is the best train route to take to get to Den Den Town?

I will be carrying a JR Pass with me, but would expect to pay for local subway fares if necessary :)

Thanks in advance!
by Decker  

... 2008/9/9 10:26
The most convenient station for access to Denden Town is Nipponbashi Station.

I recommend to take the Midosuji Subway Line from Shon-Osaka to Namba and then the Sennichimae Subway Line to Nipponbashi. It costs 270 yen. You could save 40 yen, by taking JR as far as Osaka Station and transfer to the Midosuji Line there, but I don't think it is worth it unlike your JR train goes to Osaka Station anyways.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/9/9 10:45
Thanks Uji. Your support for this forum is phenomenal, as always.
by Decker rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/9 16:49
An alternative and more interesting route where you can use your JR pass would be to go from Shin Osaka to Shin-Imamiya with a change of train at Osaka onto the Osaka loop line.

Then you can walk up to Den Den Town via the Ebisu Higashi area and see the Tsutenkaku Tower. Here is a map:

http://tinyurl.com/628b6w

The arrow is on the arrival station at the tower is located diagonally NE, where it says "Ebisu Higashi". The Den Den Town street runs north from this point:

http://tinyurl.com/5mdqdz
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Trouble with links 2008/9/9 18:23
I too have found this info incredibly useful, but am having trouble with the map links - is this just me or is there something awry?
by Monkichi rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/9 20:15
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Nice :) 2008/9/10 00:31
Nice! Thanks for the additional routes. I can always try both (scenic and quick) same-day.
by Decker rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/10 05:40
One more: Don't go south from Shin-Imamiya stn. It's Kamagasaki, one of the most unsafe area in Japan.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/10 08:14
meringue4, have you actually been there? Kamagasaki is one of my favourite places in Osaka, probably in the whole of Japan. I've been going there for several years and never had a problem, including taking hundreds of photos. It may be the worst place in Japan, but compared to many other places in the world (parts of New York, LA, Detroit, London, Barcelona, Katowice) it is OK.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread