Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Japan Rail Pass 2008/9/10 15:12
Hey people, I plan to fly to Osaka for a week. In between, I'd like to visit Tokyo, Mt Fuji, and any other areas surrounding Tokyo and Osaka. I still don't know where exactly, but I will do research later. Is the JR Pass (7 Day) good enough for me to travel between Kansai airport and Osaka, between Osaka and Tokyo, within the cities from one area to another, and Tokyo to Mt Fuji returns? In short, can JR Pass takes care of ALL my transport needs? Thank you.
by tategoi  

... 2008/9/10 17:46
The long distance trips Kansai Airport - Osaka - Tokyo are fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass (if a hikari train is used between Osaka and Tokyo). As for Mount Fuji, you can see it from the shinkansen when visibility is good.

Depending on where around Mount Fuji you plan to go, the Japan Rail Pass might not cover all transportation need. For example, transportation around the Fuji Five Lake and Hakone regions is non-JR and not covered by the Japan Rail Pass. More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread