Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchi to Kyoto takes 4hrs?! 2008/9/12 17:51
I checked from http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html and it seems it takes 2 hrs bus ride to Mishima and 2 more hrs train ride to Kyoto? Could someone confirm this ? There's no shorter way? If so, would appreciate any details you can give. Thanks!!
by lsee  

... 2008/9/12 19:33
by Uji rate this post as useful

A bit confused.... 2008/9/13 00:00
Thanks Uji. However, I just did a check at Hyperdia timetable... and it says there's a train from Kawaguchi to Kyoto with 1 transfer and it takes 3hrs 24min. Would this be a better alternative?

by lsee rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/13 00:11
"Kawaguchi" Station is a station on the Keihin Tohoku Line in Kawaguchi City Saitama Prefecture, it is a completely different area then the Fuji/Misima areas.

Thats why you are getting a 3hr 25/30minute result.

It is sorta like visiting Shimoda. "Shimoda" Station is a completely different area, the proper station for Shimoda is "Izukyu Shimoda".
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/13 00:13
If you wanted to go by train the entire route (which I don't recommend, because I've done it before and it was a pain).

The proper train station name is kawaguchiko station.
by John rate this post as useful

I see... 2008/9/13 12:18
Thanks, John, for your valuable input.
by lsee rate this post as useful

4 hours isn't long... 2008/9/13 15:21
Kawaguchi-ko is way around the north side of Fuji, and Kyoto is a long way to the south-west, so it is a long way to travel. I think 4 hours is pretty quick for such a distance really.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread