Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buses during new year-period? 2008/9/12 23:18
Hi everyone!

I'm going to spend some days in Kyoto during the new year celebrations this year, and then I'm planning to go to Tokyo by bus sometime between the 4th and maybe the 10th of january or something like that. It's really important that I'll be in Tokyo one or two days before the 13th, because that's when my school starts ... ;)

What I'm wondering is, do you think I have to book a bus from Kyoto to Tokyo this far in advance, or can I make reservations when I get to Kyoto? I've heard that there will be a rush of people wanting to get home from the celebrations some time around 3-4 january.

Has anyone got any experience on this, or heard something about it? I would be most grateful :) Thanks!
by Rose  

... 2008/9/13 08:22
If you avoid the 4th (very heavy traffic by people returning home after holidays) and the following weekend, you should have no problems making bus seat reservations just a few days before departure or even on the day itself.

Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo is a very competitive route with dozens of buses each day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread