Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stroller 2008/9/17 15:29
Hi,

We will visit Tokyo Disney, Sanrio puroland, Hakone, Asakusa, Osaka and Kyoto on Nov'2008 with 2 young children.

My toodler still taking nap in the afternoon, hence thinking to bring her stroller along, is it suitable to bring stroller while visit the places that I mentioned above? We will staying in Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel.

Thanks.
Mrs. Tan

by Ms Teng  

A small stroller should be okay 2008/9/21 18:10
For the most part, a stroller is okay to use almost anywhere in Japan. Just keep in mind that Japan has many stairs, and elevators are sometimes hard to find. Best to use a small stroller, the "umbrella style" would be better. Then when using the stairs or in crowded areas such as on a train or train platform, just fold it up and carry it. When going into small stores or buildings it could be left at or near the umbrella rack next to the entrance door.
by HNL Hawaiian rate this post as useful

(in)convenient 2008/9/21 20:00
As said, it can be very crowded in trains, busses, subways, stations, many stairs, escalators etc etc, so this can be a little inconvenient (you also don't see many strollers in Japan, in particular in crowded cities like Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto. Another thing to keep in mind, many places of interest, like temples, shrines, castles and palaces, don't even allow the use of a stroller. It's also very inconvenient to use a stroller at these places because of the gravel, uneven paths, steep stairs, mud if it rains, etc etc. I've been many times to Japan, but I've never seen people with strollers at places like Himeji castle, Nikko, Nijo, Tofukuji, Fushimi Inari, Kinkakuji, Kyomizudera, etc etc, simply it's too inconvenient and sometimes not even possible, also taking a train or subway with a stroller and a few little kids during rushhour in Tokyo or Osaka can be a real challenge
by Bert rate this post as useful

depends 2008/9/22 08:14
One thing I know for sure is that the Disneys rent strollers for use inside their parks. For other places, you can check out official websites or simply email them to see if they have rentals.

Typically, locals carry a foldable stroller for children 6 months old to about 1 year old.

As you may know, for infants younger, foldable strollers are too fragile and unfoldable ones would be a burden in stations. So for younger infants it's easier to carry them with a sort of strap, and for children older it's easier to let them walk and take a rest if necessary.

Note that 2 strollers per family tend to take too much space.

Take it easy.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/9/27 17:30
Thank for the advice. I might drop this idea.

Mrs. Tan
by Mrs. Tan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread