Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rent resting place for 2-3 hrs? 2008/9/19 22:24
In Kyoto or Nagoya, where can I rent a hotel room or resting place for 2-3 hours only? Thank you.
by Julian  

... 2008/9/20 08:20
A few regular hotels offer this service, although, I can't name you any specific ones in Nagoya or Kyoto.

The alternative would be love hotels:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2031.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

you mean a love hotel? 2008/9/20 16:21
any love hotel has the service. it's usually around 3000yen up to 5000yen for 4 hours.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

I suggest 2008/9/21 01:48
I would suggest the net cafe! it is only a little over 1,000 yen for 3 hours(for private room). You can use the computer/internet, and get unlimited drinks. If you want to lay down, theres an option to choose a matted room instead of a computer chair. Try searching net cafe's on google and see if there is one you would like to go.
by mon rate this post as useful

Thank you. 2008/9/22 14:42
Hi I am actually looking for a resting place for my parent in the morning before we can check-in to hotel at 3pm. ;-) We are taking a midnight flight and reaching Nagoya at 8am. it's a tiring flight for them. So, love hotel and net cafe is out of question. :-) Anyway, thanks you all for the information.
by Julian rate this post as useful

resting 2008/9/22 15:39
After travelling on long distance flights quite a few times in the past 30 years (like going from Canada to Shanghai for 3 days then from Shanghai to Frankfurt for 2 days then back to Canada) I have found that the absolutely worse thing to do is to rest for a couple of hours after landing. The best way is to keep going--at a slow pace if necessary-until the evening local time. I am now over 55 by the way.
by Red frog rate this post as useful

jet-lag 2008/9/22 17:15
Julian,
I, too, do strongly recommend not to sleep immediately after a morning landing. Your parents will have difficulties all the next days to adjust to local time. Offer them either to refresh in the Hu no Yu bath within the Centrair, see: http://enjoy.centrair.jp/en/relaxes/index.html
or go straight to your hotel in Kyoto, but pre-book an early check-in, so they can refresh themself in their hotelroom and after a refreshing shower stay in the daylight till late afternoon, early evening.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/10/2 17:05
Hi, Red & Peter,
Thank you two for sharing your experience. I will keep that in mind.
by Julian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread