Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chi's Sweet Home / Tiny Translation 2008/9/22 02:59
I recently started watching the anime of 'Chi's Sweet Home' and I read that it started as a manga in a weekly newspaper of something like that. I also read it was made into 6 books. I've looked everwhere I can think of (amazon, ebay etc.) to find them, with no results. Does anyone know where to find them on the internet? Or will it take a trip to Japan to get them?

Also, I have two questions about the theme tune to 'Chi's Sweet Home'. Firstly, when Chi sings "itadakimasu", is this common for young children to say the "da" as "ra" to sound cute? And secondly, the last word of the theme song (either 'korori' or 'kororin') is translated differently in some videos. I've looked all over the internet to find the translation, but it just brings up 'translation not found'. Is this a slang word?

Thanks.
by ブライアん  

... 2008/9/22 17:27
If you search amazon.CO.JP with チーズスイートホーム, you will see that there are several books available (in Japanese). Is this what you are looking for?

As for "itadakimasu," I don't know the song, but I can easily imagine that young kids simply end up saying it that way, rather than intentionally saying it to make it sound cute. The "DA" sound is quite close to Japanese "RA" sound, and where you have to say TA and DA in a row, it's easier on your tongue to say TA RA with just a slight movement of the tip of the tongue.

"korori" or "kororin" is an onomatopoetic word that describes something that is round, or rolling.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks, AK.

I understand what it means in the song now. Chi rolls over and sleeps at the end.

If anyone wants to watch it (which I would strongly recommend), here's a link to the first episode:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c0HySayiA_s

If you are searching for the others episodes (there's something like 104 of them) remember to put 'subbed' if you don't understand Japanese.

I would recommend watching this for Japanese beginners, as for once I can actually understand most of what's being said :) (simpler sentences etc.)

thanks again :)
by ブライアん rate this post as useful

About Chi's Sweet Home 2009/3/27 00:16
I would highly advise you to not use Amazon.co.jp, if you cannot read Japanese very well and you attempt to buy the book used, it may be a huge problem. You never know if it's a light scratch or a missing dust jacket.

Not only this, but amazon charges an ungodly amount for shipping.

Go to bk1.jp. Their shipping is fairly reasonable if you do it by airmail.

Also, volume 6 of Chi's Sweet Home comes out I believe early April. (I just went to go look into pre-ordering it.)

The books are 890Y, something close to 9.00, so they're a tad expensive, but they're in full colour and really nice.
by Pediatricia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread