Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I work in Japan with a spouse visa 2008/9/22 16:38
I'm an American and planning to marry my Japanese Fiance next year. The company I work for does a lot of work in Japan and I would be able to be there working most of the year. But I'm not going to live there, I will still have an adresse in the U.S. that will be my ''perminent residence''. She is currently in Collage and would like to finish it before she moves to the U.S. So me being able to work there would be great.
My Question is can I get a spouse visa with out liveing in japan? Can I live and work in the U.S.(U.S. company) and get a spouse visa and be able to work there?

Any info woul be a great help
by Willy-B  

... 2008/9/22 18:45
If you marry your fiancee, then you can apply for a spouse visa, which allows you to work in Japan. You will then have an address in Japan (residence), while also keeping your permanent address in your home country (domicile).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread