Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheapest airport in Japan 2008/9/23 02:47
I am leaving from Las Vegas and going to Japan. What is the cheapest city to fly into over in Japan? If it makes a differance I will be leaving in March.
by Dave03  

check with your travel agent 2008/9/23 08:30
Usually Tokyo (Narita) but sometimes Osaka- the price usually depends more on the airline, the flight time, the route and the travel agent than which airport you are flying into.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Fukuoka Airport 2008/9/23 17:26
I recommend Fukuoka Airport 1st, Chubu Airport 2nd, Kansai Airport 3rd, and Narita airport last, if you can fly into any international airport in Japan at the same cost.
Inland transportation of Fukuoka is the cheapest.

by Ts rate this post as useful

Fukuoka 2008/9/23 17:29
If you are mostly interested in visiting Tokyo/Kyoto etc, you won't really be saving any money by flying into Fukuoka, even if the flight is cheaper, as then you may have to spend more on domestic transport.
by Sira rate this post as useful

lol 2008/9/23 17:51
True. XXD
I recommend KIX when you also think much of Sira's suggestion.

by Ts rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/23 19:01
Flights from the US only land at three international airports:

1. Narita (NRT) serving the Tokyo region.
2. Kansai (KIX) serving the Kansai (Osaka/Kyoto regions).
3. Chubu (NGO) Serving the Nagoya region.

Price is relative as mentioned depending on fuel prices, the airline, time of year etc. Sometimes the price difference isn't very much at all. Not withstanding sometimes you might find an airport that cheap say Osaka, you find a cheaper price, but your goal is visiting Tokyo and not Osaka, well whats the point then you still have to pay and probably lose money on transportation from Osaka and Tokyo, usually the price difference isn't that great. I'd be like you want to Visit New York city, but you flew into Washington, DC because the price was cheaper, you still got to make you way to the place you want to visit.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks to all 2008/9/24 05:48
Thanks to all of u that answered. It dosent matter where in Japan I land for I am spending 3 months traveling around and plan to do and go to as many places I can. Thanks again
by Dave03 rate this post as useful

I avoid Narita 2008/9/26 05:32
Whenever the cost is the same (or even close), I fly into KIX or NGO. These airports don't have the crowds that can develop in Narita and getting through customs and waiting for a transfer or train are much more bearable. Walking through Terminal 1 at Narita at peak times can be an experience, though.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

When is the best time to visit Japan ? 2009/1/11 06:37
I've heard April/March is the best time to go...?
Is there a particular time of year that flights/accomodation will be cheaper or does it stay generally the same throughout the year ?
I'm thinking about going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
by Leona (guest) rate this post as useful

accomodation and flights costs 2009/1/11 09:47
Hi leona,

i found it cheapest to go in March so my flight is on the 24th and i return on the 17th april in total my flight was 400.

as for accomoadtion it depends on what type you want. i went through hostelbookers.com and when i booked mine i paid the deposit at the current exchange rate which was better than it is now so when i arrive i just have to pay what it say on my email receipt in GBP. i think if i had booked more recently it would have cost me more.

also im visiting all the places you mentioned and they all seemed really good prices on accomodation with good reviews if you dont mind staying in non top of the range accomodation.

hope this helps.

Matthew
by rootyuk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread