Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Book domestic flight on ANA website 2008/9/26 01:22
Hi all

I'm planning a trip with 4 other friends this coming December. Planning to get from Tokyo to Sapporo
As we want to travel to Hokkaido directly when we touch down at Narita, i find it quite risky to get the Night Trains as they seem to be always booked out way in advance. I was surfing the ANA website and i need to check:

1) Can I book a domestic flight and make payment for it even though I am overseas? I'm from Singapore.

by Linda  

. 2008/9/26 10:08
First, you might verify whether you are entitled to purchase an Airpass from ANA or JAL.
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/japan-airpass.html

If not, read the following longish sentences...

I contacted ANA 6 times regarding the online booking regulations from overseas.

The ANA reps I spoke to have boldly admitted many foreign people have bought the 'Tabiwari' fare tickets through the internet from abroad, and that they have actually flown ANA on that particular tickets.

Therefore as I have pointed out that the clause "The services are for Japan residents only." regarding the ANA online booking scheme makes no sense, they have acknowledged it. Also since that sentence makes no sense anymore, I have insisted ANA withdraw the line from the covenant.

The contact number in Japan is required just in case they call their customers when flight cancellations or rescheduling occur. There is no other reason. If the contact number of your hotel changes after you have made a reservation online, just tell ANA the new number on the phone. These pieces of info are all according to the ANA rep.

In case you're concerned, ANA and JAL make reservations for you in English for advance discount tickets via phone. If you're concerned about booking online, use this way. There is no constraints. Use skype-out or a cheapish calling card from your country.
ANA: +81(0)3-6741-1120
JAL: +81(0)3-5460-0522
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/9/26 11:47
Hi

Thanks so much for answering my question.

I'm not eligible for the air pass as I'm flying on Northwest to Japan. Not part of Star Alliance group.

I'm arriving in Japan the exact same day that I am supposed to travel to Sapporo. So i won't be checking into any hotel yet. Just going straight from Narita to Haneda. My mobile number is a Singaporean number.

Would that pose a challenge to them informing me of possible changes?
by Linda rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/26 12:06
**I'm not eligible for the air pass as I'm flying on Northwest to Japan. Not part of Star Alliance group.

I'm arriving in Japan the exact same day that I am supposed to travel to Sapporo. So i won't be checking into any hotel yet. Just going straight from Narita to Haneda. My mobile number is a Singaporean number.

Would that pose a challenge to them informing me of possible changes?**

Even if you don't fly with either a member of Star Alliance or of One World, as long as you are making a return trip, you can buy it. Please read my blog in the link on my last reply carefully. 13,000 yen/segment

If that doesn't apply to you, you could book a seat online. Just fill out a tentative hotel telephone # in Japan. You can have it replaced by a proper one afterwards by calling them. That's what the ANA rep assured me. They never deny you boarding.

. 2008/9/26 12:09
Contact ANA in Singapore for airpass enquiries and a purchase.

http://www.anaskyweb.com/sg/e/contact/index.html

One last question 2008/9/26 13:31
By the way come to think about it. I have a Japanese friend. is it ok if i give her number on the website? That means if there are changes she will contact me.

Do they need to check residential address?

If i pay using my credit card on the website it's ok right? They won't check that I'm not a Japan resident?

One last question as I don't quite understand the website. I can buy all my friend's tickets together right?

That means under the passenger's particular's particulars I just note down all their names? But they are actually separate tickets? I need 5 tickets in total as there are 5 of us

air pass 2008/9/26 14:50
Hi

I've called ANA to try getting the air pass but they said I need to buy at least 2 coupons. i.e. 1 to sapporo and sapporo back to tokyo. because my flight back falls in within the blackout period so i can't buy the air pass.

. 2008/9/26 19:16
**because my flight back falls in within the blackout period so i can't buy the air pass.**

Sorry for the trouble...

**I have a Japanese friend. is it ok if i give her number on the website? That means if there are changes she will contact me.**

It's a perfect situation.

**Do they need to check residential address?**

They just require a contact # in Japan.

**If i pay using my credit card on the website it's ok right? They won't check that I'm not a Japan resident?**

I don't think they block your credit card payment.

**One last question as I don't quite understand the website. I can buy all my friend's tickets together right?
That means under the passenger's particular's particulars I just note down all their names? But they are actually separate tickets? I need 5 tickets in total as there are 5 of us**

I contacted ANA now to find they accept up to six pax in a single booking. I presume your credit card info and the contact # in Japan will do.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 2008/9/27 01:00
Just want to say thanks a lot!

You're a great help! thanks for all the helpful tips!

reply to this thread