Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karaoke Lyric Displays 2008/9/26 11:16
In karaoke bars in Japan, are the lyrics of Japanese songs typically displayed in Japanese? Is there a way to display in romaji? As you can tell, I've never been to one and was just curious how it worked.
by L  

Karaoke 2008/9/26 11:46
L,

In karaoke bars in Japan, are the lyrics of Japanese songs typically displayed in Japanese?

Yes.

Is there a way to display in romaji?

No.

If you can't read Japanese, you'll have to stick to English (or other language) songs.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

kanjis? 2009/2/26 23:46
For the kanji words, is there only the kanji, or is there also the little letters on top of them that gives the pronounciation (I believe they're called furigana, but I'm not sure...)... I can read hiragana and katakana, bur most of the kanji causes me problems...
by *Loca* (guest) rate this post as useful

furigana 2009/2/27 15:45
sometimes there are furigana,
sometimes not.

but the not furigana version is more often I guess
by dotcom (guest) rate this post as useful

Japanese singing 2009/3/1 23:36
Maybe this has to do with karaoke?

Does anyone know why when singing in Japanese they pronounce every kana? While speaking they say words normally...

Reason why is because I had a hard time at first singing at karaoke in Japanese because I had to keep reminding myself to sing every kana instead of how I would normally speak it.
by UreshiiMiko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread