Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Postage from Japan 2008/9/27 09:26
I plan to ask a friend in Japan to purchase some Lotte candy that is not available in the USA and send it to me. Can someone give me an idea of how much it would cost to send about 1,200 grams from Japan to the USA? My plan is to send him a USPS International Money Order to cover the cost of the candy plus shipping. I appreciate your help!
by Joe Maguire  

... 2008/9/27 12:14
I checked on the Japan Post site with the weight 1300g (including packaging), from Japan to mainland US.

Assuming it fits within the size restriction for "small parcel" (max. weight 2kg and the total of length, width, and height max. 90cm), it ranges from 1,080 yen for surface mail (two months to mainland), 1,380 yen for economy air SAL mail, 2,310 yen by air (about a week), to 3,200 yen for EMS Express mail (three days or so, traceable).
by AK rate this post as useful

Forgot to put in 2008/9/27 12:17
With SAL economy air, it seems to take about two weeks to major US coastal cities.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread