Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tonaki,Tokashiki, Kume island in Okinawa 2008/9/27 11:45
May I know the sightseeing places in these islands and the accommodation?
by kelly  

I love Tokashiki so much! 2008/9/27 16:35
Well i dont know about other island but I've been to Tokashiki twice as volunteer when I was in univ.

http://www.vill.tokashiki.okinawa.jp/en/index.htm
This is Tokashiki's website.

Well there is 2big beachs that you can swim and scuba diving, 5 observation decks, a shell mound,1 Utaki spot (Utaki is an Okinawan term for a sacred place), really small Tokashiki's history museum and Okinawa war's suicide forest.

I dont know where you are from, but if you have time, please go pray for people who died from war....
by Ritzy rate this post as useful

from Tokashiki Port to beach 2008/9/27 17:00
sure, i will pray for them.
May i knw how to get to the 2 beaches? Can the island be explored by walking? Is it very big?
by kelly rate this post as useful

you need a car to go to beach 2008/9/27 19:20
are you gonna stay there?
if you do stay a night, I'm sure your hotel will drive you to the beach.

there is small town near the port, so you can walk and explore . but going to beach is bit tough to walk, because of the mountain.so you need a car or taxi...I'm sure there are taxies near port. I found taxi company's number so call them if theres no taxi..OXO|ROVW|TWXT

thanks, Ritzy 2008/9/27 19:36
yes, i am staying there for 2 nights but I am staying near the port. so i wonder if they will drive me to the beach. Do you think I can choose those hotels near the beaches? how many days do you think is enough to enjoy my stay at Tokashiki island? why do you love Tokashiki island? how is the weather in november? what sort of volunteer work did u do?

well... 2008/9/28 02:06
there are several small hotels(or ryokan) near the beaches so you may be able to book...since you are going there November.the weather will be good in Nov, i think hot enough to swim.(I've never been there in Nov. only may and sep)

I think your hotel will take you to the beach if you ask them. but if they dont, ask them to get you a taxi...Do you speak Japanese btw?

My volunteer work was helping National Okinawa Youth Frenship center.cleaning beach and their building and such.I love Tokashiki because the beach is amazing, way more beautiful than hawaii. And people are nice.Also I'm interested in WW2 history so I could talk to survivors there.

Are you from Hawaii? 2008/9/29 13:53
no, I dont' speak Japanese. That will be a major problem, right? How about you?

By the way, taxi fare would be expensive, am I right?

I am also very interested in WW2 history. What a coincidence. But I guess I won't able to communicate with them since they can't speak English.

ummm 2008/9/30 03:29
I'm a Japanese person so yeah I speak Japaense :)

umm I dont know how much it will cost to go to beach from port by taxi...but I think it will be less than 1000yen...cuz it's 5mins drive...but I cant guarantee.

I think there are young people who work at hotels and such so MAYBE they speak lil bit of English so maybe you can communicate with them...

... 2008/9/30 15:46
Thanks once again for answering all my questions. ;)

reply to this thread