Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translating an email. 2008/9/28 17:00
ジョセフへ

今日は、教えてほしいことがあってメールしました。

ジョセフは「Aquatic Park Parakai Springs」は
知っていますか?

今年ニュージーランドへ行った中学生が作文に
書いているのですが、そこで使われているプール
の水は「温泉」ですか?それともただの「お湯」
ですか?まちがったことを書いてたら困るので
知ってたら教えてください。

絵里

TRANSLATION:
To Joseph
I am emailed you today as I want to teach me/tell me about something.
Do you know Parakai Hot springs?
This year the junior high school students who went to New Zealand need to write about it. So is the pool's water a hot spring? Or is it merely hot water? I'm worried that I'll write something incorrect. If you know please tell me.

Pretty terrible attempt at translating really. Can somebody just go through my transation and correct anything that may be wrong? If I'm not mistaken she only wants to know if the water is natural as Onsens are in Japan or merely heated? I've translated some of the sentences not directly but into sentences that make good sense.
by magpie1862  

... 2008/9/28 17:27
To Joseph

I am emailing you today as I would like you to tell me about something.
Do you know Aquatic Park Parakai Springs?
The junior high school students who went to New Zealand this year are writing about it in their compositions. Is the pool's water (natural) hot spring water? Or is it merely hot (heated) water? I'm worried that the students might write something incorrect. So if you know about it, please tell me.

Yours is pretty good actually :) And yes, that's all she wants to know.
by AK rate this post as useful

It's geothermal 2008/9/29 01:27
by Tess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread