Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Validating JR East Pass 2008/9/28 23:00
1. I will be travelling to Narita airport terminal 2 on 6 Dec 08 at 2015 hours.

2. Noted that the JR ticket office closes at 2145 hrs and the last JR Narita Express (no 52) train leaves for Shinagawa at 2145 hrs.

3. Is there sufficient time for me to: (1) clear customs & immigration (ii) validate JR East pass (iii) catch the JR 52 Narita Express? (FOR FAMILY OF 4)

4. What would be the alternatives if I am unable to have the JR Pass validated on 6 Dec 08? What would be the shortest way to get to Shinagawa Station USING TRAIN OR BUS? Would I be able to catch last other train or bus service?

Thanks
by Paul Pang  

... 2008/9/28 23:19
Is there sufficient time for me to: (1) clear customs & immigration (ii) validate JR East pass (iii) catch the JR 52 Narita Express? (FOR FAMILY OF 4)

Yes, usually it takes no more than 60 minutes to clear immigration and customs. And no more than 15 minutes to get your rail pass. So, if your plane arrives on time, you should be able to catch the train.

What would be the alternatives if I am unable to have the JR Pass validated on 6 Dec 08?

You could take the 22:16 departure of the JR Sobu Line from the airport to Tokyo Station and then the Yamanote Line to Shinagawa.

Or you could take the Keisei Railways to Nippori Station and then the Yamanote Line to Shinagawa. The last departure is at 22:41.

Or you could take a limousine bus to Tokyo Station and the a train or taxi to Shinagawa. The last departure is at 23:00.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/29 06:35
Jr East Pass validation procedures:
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/narita-express-to-to...

How ling it will take you to have the pass validated entirely depends on the time of day. Early morning and the afternoon between 2 and 4 pm can be busy because of many incoming flights.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread