Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takkyubin service problems/issues? 2008/9/29 11:59
Are there any problems or issues with the Takkyubin service in Japan?
by kay  

... 2008/9/29 12:27
The only problem I experience with them is that their trucks often hinder traffic by temporarily stopping along the roads.

As for the actual delivery service, I have never experienced any problems personally or have heard of anybody who has.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Japan is good at this 2008/9/29 12:56
Gift-giving and forwarding luggage are such big businesses in Japan that the carrier companies are extremely efficient and reliable. I also have never had problems with them myself and have never heard anybody saying they have had problems,
by Sira rate this post as useful

an experience 2008/9/29 20:30
"Takkyubin" is the term (a proper noun) used for Yamato Unyu company's takuhaibin. But I am assuming you are talking about takuhaibin of various companies.

So, in general? No, there are no problems in general. But of course, there are always exceptions.

There was a delivery man of a major company who always failed to keep his promise which was to have the item delivered to me before noon. He always came around evening which really ruined my life for a while. It was always the same delivery man and he kept on making the most idiotic excuses for his delay.

I complained to him repeatedly, I talked to the sender repeatedly, I complained to the takuhai company's branch manager repeatedly, and nothing worked. So I finally wrote a letter to the president of the company, which usually works and it worked this time too. A new guy started doing the deliveries, and I've never had a problem with this company since for nearly 10 years.

Btw, policies differ greatly depending on the company. Some offer cheaper prices for less service, some offer higher prices for better quality, but with the very few exceptions like the guy I wrote about, they always do what they promised to do.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread