Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

IVF in Japan 2008/9/30 15:53
I might be moving to Japan with my Japanese husband. ILm having some difficulties getting pregnant and want to ask if anyone know about IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) in Japan.
Is it common? How long does it take and how expensive is it?
I feel like I donLt want to move until I know if I can get this treatment over there...
by Mami  

... 2008/10/8 11:26
Mami,
yes, there're many hospitals/clinics which deal with infertility. If you live in Tokyo, you'll have a lot of choices. I don't know exactly how long it takes (it mostly depends on couples) and costs should vary from a place to another. This page in Tokyo University Hospital has a list of various costs relating to infertility. You can ask your Japanese husband to translate it to you. Basically, though, infertility treatment is not covered by medical insurance.
http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/ivf/cost.html
Keio University hospital is also known for infertility treatment.
by JLady rate this post as useful

IVF 2008/10/9 02:34
It is pretty common and The Times reported that Princess Masako had had IVF treatment to conceive Aiko-chan, but that was very much hushed up in Japan.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread