Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Resort-like hotels in Tohoku 2008/10/2 13:03
Hi,

We enjoyed our stay at Takayama Associa (link - http://www.associa.com/english/tky/) very much during our last vacation as it has great mountain views; very spacious, comfortable room; great indoor & outdoor onsens; and near to town (by 10mins shuttle bus).

We are now exploring Tohoku and wonder if there are any such resort-like hotels in Tohoku. Basically, we are looking for a place to rest & relax (ie. mountain/sea view from room & onsens at the resort hotel) that is also a good base with convenient access to go around attractions.

Our budget is about 8,000-10,000yen/person/night.

Pls help.

Thanks!!!

by Stella  

No such hotels? 2008/10/3 23:06
Hi,

Are there no such hotels in Tohoku?

Then which city is the best place to base in for visiting Tohoku?

Pls help! Thanks!
by Stella rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/4 09:54
The Tohoku region is a large region. Twice as big as Switzerland. There are many high class ryokan distributed over the region. Western style resorts are less numerous, and I can't give you any specific recommendation.

Good bases for exploring the Tohoku are numerous depending on which region within Tohoku you wish to explore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

6-8 days in tohoku 2008/10/4 11:18
Hi Uji,

Thanks! If we have only 6-8days to spend in Tohoku, is it possible to cover Aomori, Akita, Sendai & Yamagata?

If not, which city should we give up?

Can I base in Akita then travel to the other cities?

Any itinerary suggestions on Tohoku for reference?

Read about the Resort Shirakami train. How long would the whole journey (Akita - Aomori) take?

Thanks thanks!
by Stella rate this post as useful

Hanamaki Onsen Village? 2008/10/4 16:01
I've never been there as I favour the old-style onsen, but Hanamaki Onsen sounds like a possibility: http://www.jnto.go.jp/tourism/en/11.html
But as Uji-san wrote, Tohuoku is a big area and there are many nice places.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/4 23:56
Thanks! If we have only 6-8days to spend in Tohoku, is it possible to cover Aomori, Akita, Sendai & Yamagata?

If not, which city should we give up?

Aomori, Akita and Yamagata are cities without any major tourist attraction! Tohoku's attractions are mainly located outside the cities. In the mountains, along the coast and in the countryside.

I personally love the Dewa Sanzan region, Osorezan on the Shimokita Peninsula, Kakunodate and Nyuto Onsen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread