Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange window stickers 2008/10/6 08:05
My imported car has some rather peculiar round stickers in the form of the letter "G" in the back window. there are three seperate ones in different colours, and they each have a little code identifying them in the middle.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks for your time..
by Benny G  

. 2008/10/6 11:30
If you tell us where you're and more importantly, where the car in question was imported from, it would be easier for others to answer.

If you have a chance, take a photo and upload it so that we can share, I'm sure showing the picture of the sticker would be the fastest way to get feedback! :)
by ... rate this post as useful

letter G 2008/10/6 11:45
How can 3 round stickers form the letter G?
by only 3? rate this post as useful

product recalls ? 2008/10/7 17:16
by Hiro rate this post as useful

recalled, inspected and approved 2008/10/7 18:40
I'd been looking so curious about this question :) The letters written on the G shows a name of a council that deals on safety of automobiles.

From a quick internet search on this council's name, I found out that the stickers are put on vehicles that have been inspected due to a recall and then approved.

In other words, the same type of vehicle was once recalled due to some kind of technical problem, and therefore all cars of the same kind were inspected and for yours they said it was okay.

Here are the details although it's in Japanese.
http://www.tossnet.or.jp/?itemid=1969
by Uco rate this post as useful

sorry 2008/10/7 18:42
Whoops, I thought it was the OP who posted the photo link. If the sticker is as same as the one Hiro showed, as Hiro and I mentioned it's due to a past recall.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Thats it! 2008/10/8 02:50
Superb, they are the ones, thanks so much for the replies everyone!!

Very interesting!
by Benny G rate this post as useful

reply to this thread