Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visa to live in japan 2008/10/7 09:12
I'm japanese but my husband is American. He has drug discharge from couple years ago. Can he get visa?
by natsu  

Visa 2008/10/7 16:05
Please ask the Japanese embassy or consulate near your home. Only they can give you accurate info.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Visa application 2008/10/7 16:19
Natsu,

I would disagree with the advice given above. You should go ahead and apply for whatever visa it is (spouse visa?) without mentioning the drug history. Asking beforehand could quite possibly negatively affect the application chances, so I suggest not mentioning it unless asked.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/10/7 21:57
Yeah, I think i'm going to ask consulate. I really wanted to hear somebody's opinion. Thank you for your answer.
by natsu rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/7 22:19
Be sure you call anonymously IF you call consulate or any other immigration authorities with the question.

I think it will be Spouse of Japanese National, etc., status, won't it?

Look at the application form and see if they ask if the applicant has any record of that nature. Do they even ask? I do not know how closely or strictly Immigration looks at any drug or criminal record, but if the spouse is Japanese and the couple wants to live in Japan, I don't think Immigration can really deny him Spouse visa status. If they see the record, initially it might take a bit longer to get it processed, or he might get only a year each time (to be renewed), but that should be about it. It was no offense of the nature that could lead to disrupting public order or whatsoever...
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/10/8 12:40
I'll call consulate soon as i can make sure what i need, or is it possible to get visa or what. Thanks again.
by Natsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread